Discovery Dam Da in Hoa Binh
Published: 06/11/2011 07:36
While such names as Hoa Tien grotto, Tien Phi grotto, Mai Chau valley, Hoa Binh hydroelectric dam are tourists highlights, Dam Da seems to be an obscure historical site.
This is a vast complex of temples, pagodas and caves, including Trinh temple (also known as Quan Trinh), Mau temple, Tien pagoda and others.
Scattered around the complex are temples and pagodas such as Trinh Temple, Mau Temple and Tien Pagoda, which are dedicated to worship legendary characters such as Au Co Mother, Lac Long Quan Father, Hoang Bay Mandarin and Tam Toa Thanh Mau.
Dam Da also has over 20 mysterious caves including Tam Toa, Thuy Tien, Cung Tien, Hoang Muoi and Co Chin. In the caves, stalactites in diverse colors and shapes hang. As the caves’ entrances are situated halfway up the mountains, travelers have to trek to reach them.
Provide by Vietnam Travel
Discovery Dam Da in Hoa Binh - Vietnam Attractions - Vietnam Travel | Vietnam Travel | vietnam travel company
- Vietnam Travel
- Life in Vietnam
- Vietnam Travel
- Tours in Vietnam
- In depth
- Vietnam in photo
- » Goat penis bacteria adds to food safety scare
- » Foreign media write about Vietnamese celebrities
- » Controversial new show to celebrate Ha Noi’s founder
- » Miss Teen to represent Vietnamese youth at international forum
- » Vo Hoang My beautiful in Ao Dai - Vietnam traditional costume
- » Metropole Hanoi and Nam Hai voted No.1 hotel, resort in Asia
- » PM Dung urges expanded co-operation with Cambodia
- » Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple Vietnam Information
- » Dances and wine on the plateau
- » Vietnam fails to meet 10-year tourism goals