Beauty of Mu Cang Chai - the home of terraced fields in Vietnam
Published: 15/08/2011 09:53
Followings are some beauty photos of Mu Cang Chai in the time of ripen rice:
On the road to Mu Cang Chai – the peak of Khau Pha hill.
La Pan Tan – a mountain village of H’mong, around 15 kilometres from Mu Cang Chai. Before 1996, this village was the land of poppies. All families planted poppy. All people were poppy addicts. The local government had to implement a special policy to gradually rub out poppies.
In the first year, each old person was allowed to keep 100sq.m of poppy field. The area of poppy for each old person was reduced in the second year, and poppy was banned completely in the third year.
At present, rice has replaced poppy in this land.
Local H’mong people now have a better life. La Pan Tan has been recognised as a national landscape in 2007.
Terraced field in La Pan Tan.
Cu Que Nha, a commune in Mu Cang Chai - attractive destination in Vietnam travel
Ethnic minority women harvest rice.
Provide by Vietnam Travel
Beauty of Mu Cang Chai - the home of terraced fields in Vietnam - Travel photos - Vietnam in photo | Vietnam Travel | vietnam travel company
- Vietnam Travel
- Life in Vietnam
- Vietnam Travel
- Tours in Vietnam
- In depth
- Vietnam in photo
- » Goat penis bacteria adds to food safety scare
- » Controversial new show to celebrate Ha Noi’s founder
- » Foreign media write about Vietnamese celebrities
- » Miss Teen to represent Vietnamese youth at international forum
- » Vo Hoang My beautiful in Ao Dai - Vietnam traditional costume
- » Metropole Hanoi and Nam Hai voted No.1 hotel, resort in Asia
- » PM Dung urges expanded co-operation with Cambodia
- » Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple Vietnam Information
- » Dances and wine on the plateau
- » Vietnam fails to meet 10-year tourism goals