Vovinam festival will be started from August 1-4
Published: 09/07/2012 12:51
Over 1,200 martial artists from 26 countries and territories have registered to take part in the event.
At the opening ceremony, three arts performances featuring Binh Dinh’s people and landscape and Tay Son movement will be demonstrated by 1,500 students and martial artists.
A beauty contest and a street martial arts festival will take place during the event.
The festival, which is held every two years, is organized by the Binh Dinh provincial People’s Committee.
Vovinam, created in 1938 in Hanoi by Master Nguyen Loc, is now popular in around 35 countries and territories where there are hundreds of thousands of practitioners.
The fighting technique, which involves both unarmed and weapons combat, uses the opponent’s momentum to counterattack. Its range of techniques comprise of the use of hands, elbows, and legs to throw, wrestle, and lever.
Provide by Vietnam Travel
- 16th Asian Petanque Championship holds in Hanoi
- Vietnam trounce Singapore at U21 tourney
- U 19 Vietnam suffered a 0-4 defeat against Australia
- Dream of a lottery ticket seller with Paralympics
- Minh drops to rank 14th in the world
- Spain beats Italy 4-0
- Int’l Aikido Festival in Hanoi
- Tien Minh says farewell to French tourney
- Vietnam Travel
- Life in Vietnam
- Vietnam Travel
- Tours in Vietnam
- In depth
- Vietnam in photo
- » Miss Teen to represent Vietnamese youth at international forum
- » Foreign media write about Vietnamese celebrities
- » Controversial new show to celebrate Ha Noi’s founder
- » Goat penis bacteria adds to food safety scare
- » Vo Hoang My beautiful in Ao Dai - Vietnam traditional costume
- » Metropole Hanoi and Nam Hai voted No.1 hotel, resort in Asia
- » PM Dung urges expanded co-operation with Cambodia
- » Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple Vietnam Information
- » Dances and wine on the plateau
- » Vietnam fails to meet 10-year tourism goals