Overseas Vietnamese youths attending 2012 Summer Camp come to HCM City
Published: 25/07/2012 01:15
Participants to the 2012 Summer Camp join for a photo in front of the Reunification Palace in HCM City on July 24, 2012. The camp is generally a trans-Viet trip held from July 11 – 30 to create a chance for attendants to visit historic monuments and tourism sites along their way from the North to the South.
The youths visited President Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum in Hanoi; joined in a ceremony to commemorate martyrs and heroes in Thai Binh province; held flower offering rites at the Ho Chi Minh Statue in Nghe An, and temples of King Quang Trung and Heroine Vo Thi Sau. They also had meetings and exchanges with local youths in central Hue and the central highland city of Da Lat.
The teengers also traveled many famous tourist sites of their native nation, including the relics of the presidency palace in Hanoi, Bai Dinh Pagoda in northern Ninh Binh Province, Pren Waterfall in Da Lat, and Reunification Palace in HCM City. In the coming days, they will visit the island district Con Dao. The closing ceremony of the camp will be held in Ba Ria-Vung Tau before the participants return to Ho Chi Minh City to bid farewell.
Annually, the summer camp has been organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the State Committee for Vietnamese Overseas since 2003 to help Viet Kieu learn their history and language and unite with local people for the development of the nation.
Provide by Vietnam Travel
Overseas Vietnamese youths attending 2012 Summer Camp come to HCM City - Lifestyle - News | Vietnam Travel | vietnam travel company
- Two French students to help candidates during the university entrance examination in Vietnam
- To become a good VJ, you must really enjoy your job
- Authorities effort push to clean up showbiz
- The world shortest man in the world
- Hoang My represents Viet Nam at the 2012 Miss World beauty pageant
- A bún chả that could wake the dead
- Miss Ethnic Vietnam’s semi-final kicks off
- His Holiness visits Vietnam
- Vietnam Travel
- Life in Vietnam
- Vietnam Travel
- Tours in Vietnam
- In depth
- Vietnam in photo
- » Goat penis bacteria adds to food safety scare
- » Foreign media write about Vietnamese celebrities
- » Controversial new show to celebrate Ha Noi’s founder
- » Miss Teen to represent Vietnamese youth at international forum
- » Vo Hoang My beautiful in Ao Dai - Vietnam traditional costume
- » Metropole Hanoi and Nam Hai voted No.1 hotel, resort in Asia
- » PM Dung urges expanded co-operation with Cambodia
- » Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple Vietnam Information
- » Dances and wine on the plateau
- » Vietnam fails to meet 10-year tourism goals