Controversial new show to celebrate Ha Noi’s founder
Published: 26/07/2009 11:00
LookAtVietnam – As a contribution to next year’s commemoration of the 1,000th anniversary of Thang Long-Ha Noi’s founding, a controversial film called Thai To Ly Cong Uan (King Ly Thai To) will be produced about the country’s previous king.
Script writer Dinh Thien Phuc believed his work about the king’s establishment of Ha Noi as the nation’s capital would be the most expensive film ever made in the country.
“A new version of the television series will be developed from the original script and I have to make it good to lure viewers,” said Phuc.
Over the course of the 40 episode series, 10 of which have already been completed by Phuc, viewers will see the king’s enthronement and the move of the capital from Hoa Lu in present Ninh Binh province to Thang Long (now Ha Noi) in 1010.
“We want to highlight Ly Thai To’s decision to move the capital. It is considered an important decision made by the unusually talented king,” said Phuc.
The new television script will feature a fictionalised conflict between monk Van Hanh, who supported King Ly Thai To, and his opposition from the Dinh and Le dynasties. “The new script will be good with many interesting details,” Phuc said.
Thai To Ly Cong Uan
will be produced by the Cat Tien Sa company, which has experience making historical films. The company has taken study field trips and has worked with a few Chinese studios to build experience.
A 50,000sq.m studio will be set up soon for the production, according to Nguyen Quang Minh, company director.
The first 10 episodes will air next year.
VietNamNet/Viet Nam News
Provide by Vietnam Travel
Controversial new show to celebrate Ha Noi’s founder - Lifestyle - News | Vietnam Travel | vietnam travel company
- Overseas Vietnamese youths attending 2012 Summer Camp come to HCM City
- Two French students to help candidates during the university entrance examination in Vietnam
- To become a good VJ, you must really enjoy your job
- Authorities effort push to clean up showbiz
- The world shortest man in the world
- Hoang My represents Viet Nam at the 2012 Miss World beauty pageant
- A bún chả that could wake the dead
- Miss Ethnic Vietnam’s semi-final kicks off
- Vietnam Travel
- Life in Vietnam
- Vietnam Travel
- Tours in Vietnam
- In depth
- Vietnam in photo
- » Foreign media write about Vietnamese celebrities
- » Goat penis bacteria adds to food safety scare
- » Miss Teen to represent Vietnamese youth at international forum
- » Vo Hoang My beautiful in Ao Dai - Vietnam traditional costume
- » Metropole Hanoi and Nam Hai voted No.1 hotel, resort in Asia
- » PM Dung urges expanded co-operation with Cambodia
- » Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple Vietnam Information
- » Dances and wine on the plateau
- » Vietnam fails to meet 10-year tourism goals
- » Folk games at Hanoi’s museum