Promote to normalize use of condoms in Vietnam
Published: 09/07/2012 01:09
According to figures from the Joint United Nations Program on HIV/AIDS, It is around 0.53 percent of people from 15 to 49 years of age in Vietnam are infected with the sexually transmitted virus.
Only half of Vietnamese males between 15 and 24 years old know how to prevent HIV infection through sex, the figures showed. The rate is 42.3 percent among Vietnamese female of the same age group.
The HIV infection rate is especially high among homosexual men, only 40 percent of whom used condoms while having sex, according to the US-based Population Services International.
Experts with the campaign said using condoms is the easiest, most simple method for safe sex, but many Vietnamese are still shy about purchasing it or talking about it.
Josselyn Neukom, director of Population Services International in Vietnam, said the “Live Modern” campaign was initiated to reduce discrimination on the purchase of condoms and carrying them along. She said people will protect themselves better if they consider condoms a normal product.
The campaign will last for more than 3 months in Hanoi, Hai Phong, Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho, Quang Ninh, Lao Cai , Nghe An and An Giang province.
Provide by Vietnam Travel
Promote to normalize use of condoms in Vietnam - Health - News | Vietnam Travel | vietnam travel company
- Vietnamese cardiologists
- Dengue fever caused the death of 10-year-old girl in Dong Nai
- Trial signals breakthrough in search of new TB drugs
- FAO helps Vietnam control bird flu
- A woman 'delivers' just 1 baby after scans showed twins
- A leech was removed from child’s windpipe in Vietnam
- HCM City supervises pork to control blue-ear pig disease
- Free soap to help control HFMD disease
- Vietnam Travel
- Life in Vietnam
- Vietnam Travel
- Tours in Vietnam
- In depth
- Vietnam in photo
- » Miss Teen to represent Vietnamese youth at international forum
- » Foreign media write about Vietnamese celebrities
- » Controversial new show to celebrate Ha Noi’s founder
- » Goat penis bacteria adds to food safety scare
- » Vo Hoang My beautiful in Ao Dai - Vietnam traditional costume
- » Metropole Hanoi and Nam Hai voted No.1 hotel, resort in Asia
- » PM Dung urges expanded co-operation with Cambodia
- » Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple Vietnam Information
- » Dances and wine on the plateau
- » Vietnam fails to meet 10-year tourism goals