Vietnam's only oil refinery at full capacity after restart
Published: 10/07/2012 12:33
The plant's closure had prompted domestic distributors to aggressively seek oil products in the spot market due to reduced term supplies from the refinery.
"The plant has been running with 90 percent of crude oil input from the Bach Ho grade," Nguyen Hoai Giang, chief executive officer of Binh Son Refining and Petrochemical Co (BSR) said on Monday.
He added that the 130,500 barrels-per-day refinery, which restarted on Saturday after being shut on May 16, could continue crude imports in the second half of the year.
The operator has said the facility was closed so equipment could be checked, with its builder, French oil services group Technip, signing off on the process.
BSR had planned to restart the refinery, which supplies around a third of Vietnam's domestic fuel consumption, by the end of June, but the checks took longer than expected, Giang has said.
The plant's owner in March was looking to sell a 49 percent stake to foreign investors to raise funds and boost its capacity by more than half.
Dung Quat needs over $2 billion of investment to expand its processing capacity by about a third to 192,000 barrels per day (bpd), or 9.5 million metric tons (10.5 million tons) per year.
Provide by Vietnam Travel
Vietnam's only oil refinery at full capacity after restart - Business - News | Vietnam Travel | vietnam travel company
- Tourism stimulus programme launched
- Feel morning in Mui Ne - Vietnam
- Danang, Ca Mau welcome more visitors during Tet holiday
- International tourism continues robust growth 2013
- Tourism area fails to live up to its potential
- Vietnam welcomes Russia tourists 2013
- Vietnam lacks both money and talents in promoting tourism? (P2)
- Vietnam lacks money or talents in promoting tourism? (P1)
- Vietnam Travel
- Life in Vietnam
- Vietnam Travel
- Tours in Vietnam
- In depth
- Vietnam in photo
- » Goat penis bacteria adds to food safety scare
- » Foreign media write about Vietnamese celebrities
- » Controversial new show to celebrate Ha Noi’s founder
- » Miss Teen to represent Vietnamese youth at international forum
- » Vo Hoang My beautiful in Ao Dai - Vietnam traditional costume
- » Metropole Hanoi and Nam Hai voted No.1 hotel, resort in Asia
- » PM Dung urges expanded co-operation with Cambodia
- » Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple Vietnam Information
- » Dances and wine on the plateau
- » Vietnam fails to meet 10-year tourism goals