National Day of Vietnam
Published: 08/09/2011 03:17
On this day in 1945 President Ho Chi Minh had solemnly read the Declaration of Independence in Vietnam at Ba Dinh Square in Hanoi. With this he proclaimed the birth of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam. This event marked the beginning of a new era for the Vietnamese nation.
On the National Day of Vietnam, the people and the leaders in Vietnam pay tribute to the national hero Ho Chi Minh and acknowledge his contribution towards the independence of Vietnam. This day is celebrated not only in Vietnam but also in all Vietnamese Embassies across the world as it is one of the foremost Vietnamese festivals & events.
Vietnam completed its 60th year of independence in 2005. This occasion was celebrated with great pomp and fair not only in Vietnam but in all countries with diplomatic ties with Vietnam.
In France, along with the celebration at the French Embassy, other Vietnamese representative offices in France such as the People are Police, the Voice of Viet Nam radio service and the Viet News Agency also marked the Vietnamese National Day. In Washington this occasion was marked by the first US visit by Vietnamese Prime Minister in June 2005. In Moscow, a grand meeting was organized to commemorate the event.
Provide by Vietnam Travel
- Vietnam Travel
- Life in Vietnam
- Vietnam Travel
- Tours in Vietnam
- In depth
- Vietnam in photo
- » Miss Teen to represent Vietnamese youth at international forum
- » Foreign media write about Vietnamese celebrities
- » Controversial new show to celebrate Ha Noi’s founder
- » Goat penis bacteria adds to food safety scare
- » Vo Hoang My beautiful in Ao Dai - Vietnam traditional costume
- » Metropole Hanoi and Nam Hai voted No.1 hotel, resort in Asia
- » PM Dung urges expanded co-operation with Cambodia
- » Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple Vietnam Information
- » Dances and wine on the plateau
- » Vietnam fails to meet 10-year tourism goals